Friday, August 14, 2009

Hooray for Friday!

Yesterday was a day full of fun filled things. It was my cousin Zacky's 27th birthday and the ironic thing is it was spent just as I spent my 27th birthday. Happy Hour at Henry's in Portland with my Auntie & my cousin Erica. It was over some very yummy straciatella & pistachio gelato that Erica asked Zack what's different about "27" & I began to think of my coming birthday and pondering the difference between then and now. So much can happen in just two short years. I think if I'd had to make a guess then I wouldn't have figured on having moved to Portland and returning to school...well I had already been pondering the return to school very passingly but it wasn't to follow a true passion it was to get a means to a better end... and in Marquette no less not thousands of miles west.
It was yesterday when I was standing in Powell's bookstore (what has to be the Mecca of all book stores) in the cooking section that I thought to myself " if I had to be completely honest I can't remember a time when I felt this good & this whole heartedly sure about a decision I've made for myself" I just keep taking things a day at a time and try not to stress about anything trivial.

Change is good. And I can't wait to start class & work on monday!

And Zack from now on I will try my best to write in my blog no matter how mundane...just for you. I definately don' t want a repeat of the scolding I got yesterday...I have never had someone quote me word for word so well to stick it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment