Sunday, September 20, 2009

Learning Jewish Traditions....

So some of you may know I work odd jobs picked up at the career services office in addition to my swank, very valued job at the library. Most recently I have been working for two rabbi's who run services and ceremonies out of their home.
This in itself is daunting, I personally cannot imagine having large sit down gatherings at my home every week that involve food, dishes and all the preparation. But the Rabbi's are wonderful people and like my work so they are going to use me for a regular basis....how regular is up in the air but I already have another 3 or 4 days set up tentatively already :) yay!

I was beginning to sweat finding some regular side work to fill in the gaps from the library paycheck....

Right now I'm sitting in the gazebo in my Auntie's back yard enjoying this beautiful day & wearing a sweatshirt ....a warm one... which makes me ever so happy! It is sunny & the sky is blue.....couldn't ask for a better day really. I am going to the library at some point to return books, but other than that things have been pretty well thrown between work, sleep and school.

Thursday we went out to the Rougue Brewery since Meg had friends in town and I must say you know the P & B is definately beginning to get to you when you begin to pipe in public. Yes that's right we made Ali & Ricki made paper piping cones and were piping mustard or whatever was available onto plates....I only wish we'd had more paper....

on that note completion of the week of cakes was not as successful as hoped but all finished products came out beautifully. Breads are next, it's our last week of Baking 102. I can hardly believe how quickly the 6 weeks has gone by!

ttfn. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment