Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hood River & More....

Friday was a day of great relief. First test. First practical. First time I've stayed out until 1:30am in a loooooooooooooong time. Oh what fun however.... Ginger pale ale at the MASH Tun mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

These are the crazy folk I spend much of my free time with in the two pics above from left to right are.... Raleigh, Natalie, Ricki, Megan & Phil....and we've all aquired nicknames....we'll leave it at that.
In the world of baking this week:
Practical & first test go swimmingly! Peanut Butter cookies dipped in chocolate....chocolate sabotage slowed me down but I kicked tempered chocolate butt!
Also made tarts!
Fresh Fruit Tart with Apricot Glaze & a Pate Sucree Crust
and
Almond Creme Tart with a Pate Brisee Crust
Also as a note.... I know I promised yummy recipes & I will try to share, but they are all formulas, not recipes ie. the ingredients need to be weighed in oz. or g. Sorry....but keep reading I'll adapt them someway!

No comments:

Post a Comment