Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ugh...

So today I woke up on time & thought to myself "It's going to be a good day today, this morning just feels good"...HA well then I got to class. After blundering my infusion (not really but I didn't do it the way I should have) then somehow screwing up my creme brulee ( we'll find out how bad tomorrow) then ALMOST having to make my pastry cream all over again, first because the dumb flavoring compound burnt to the bottom and then because it almost oozed out every edge of the plastic wrap, I didn't get my creme caramel started so I put my strained pecans from my infusion into sugar and spread them out to put them in the oven to caramelize & toast for the top of my vanilla pecan creme brulee.....well someone changed my timer and didn't inform all the people in the oven....hence oh what's that smell? yes that's right the nuts were smoking in the oven....sigh...I thought at least I can get my muffins done with everything being mise en placed yesterday......I'm melting my butter & as I am pulling it out of the microwave it slips every so delightfully from my hands and onto the floor.....Ta da! my day!
bon appe-friggin-tite!

No comments:

Post a Comment