Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Wild wild west.....not really just a busy schedule...


Ah the weekend how I do miss thee....A splendid Saturday was spent in the Rose garden near Hoyt Arboretum....I say this because many people call where the trailblazers play "the Rose garden" I am referring to the international rose test garden....oh the scent of roses on the air and the sun in the sky.

I got some color to boot! I was joined in this adventure by Megan, Ricki & Chewy (Natalie got called into work unfortunately)

Not sure if the roses were good enough to eat, but the picture makes for good rose garden fun! We did get hungry though & eventually went out on my maiden sushi voyage...in THE NORTHEAST...

I got to try a number of things and even the seaweed salad was yummy, unusual, but yummy. Usagi or Eel is what I chose to try and it was yum-a-licious if I do say so. The edamame however was quite yummy to with its pods of salty goodness. I tried a roll of some sort with avocado & salmon (raw) the avocado and rice were yummy the texture of the salmon however... not to my particular liking.



Sunday was filled with laundry, ironing and work followed by COOKIE-palooza in class this week in class. Byselkex, Peanut butter dipped in milk chocolate, Straussburg with apricot jam & hazelnuts, Lintzer cookies, Biscotti & Almond Macaroons.....
Here's a few pics with more to come!



Happy Eating :)

1 comment:

  1. I just read all of your blog and I am so excited for you! I know what a big step it is to take to walk away from everything you know for sure and take a leap of faith into what you know you want. I hope you keep blogging your journey!

    ReplyDelete