Wednesday, February 19, 2014

And here comes the rain...

The rain has descended my beloved Portlanders. With the cold and damp--there isn't enough coffee in the world to warm my bones!

So soup and casserole season is pushed into full swing! I happened to have 3 lovely delicata squash staring at me from the counter top this past weekend screaming to be used.

Just as a side note I rarely cook with shoes on at home.

With a healthy block of fresh Parmesan in the fridge & the brown rice lasagna noodles that jumped out of the cupboard at me, how could I not marry the three into a beautiful polygamist union.

I par boiled the noodles for this number. Roasted the squash & added a little mozzarella & fresh Parmesan with a little "slap yo mama" seasoning courtesy of my friend & her husband's nuptials. 

Grease an 8x8 pan & begin layering noodles, squash & cheese! Bake at 350 for 25- 30 minutes or until the cheese is melty and golden brown.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment