Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012!

Blog writing seems to be one of those things that has completely stepped outside my mind this past year. While in the past I have promised to be better for my one and most avid reader my Auntie Krista.... I've come to new conclusions about just what this blog should be and this year I've decided that I'm going to post all the food pictures of dishes I cook and write about the articles I read in the hopes to not only let people know what I'm up to, but inspire them to eat more healthily, shop a little smarter and maybe even get a chuckle from my strange and spirited sense of humor.

With that said, I am currently sifting through one of my many magazines and in it there is an article about Cheaper cuts of meat. Some of the meats to make the cut were chicken legs (which make delicious stock), turkey thighs, pork ribs, lamb shanks, beef brisket & oxtail of all things. Some of my favorites that are equally delicious are skirt & ranch steak highly undervalued and make amazing taco's.
The fact that oxtail was on the list of cheaper cuts shocked me quite a bit as I recall my birthday dinner at Veritable Quandary where I had a very pricey and breathtaking Oso Bucco....but I digress. I now have a crock pot in which I have only made soup so far, but this article has me itching for a new challenge. What can I do with Oxtail? Lamb Shank? Beef Brisket??? The options seem endless between herbs and seasonings and brining liquids that my goal is to come up with a recipe for each of these meats over the course of the next 8 weeks or so before I'll become completely engrossed in packing up my apartment and moving again...unless I hit the lottery then I'll probably just buy a house. Ha.

Yours in Eating,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment